secure.directive - Nulling by Example (WPBakery Page Builder)

secure.directive

Trusted Uploader
As I decided to do some nulling to the above WPBakery Page Builder myself, I will take some time to document the process. That way I can really stand behind the shared nulled source ;)

The plugin itself works without nulling, the only thing missing are the template library and some nag screens.
The templates from WPBakery are pretty limited, so I normally do not bother with them.
I decided to track the process down, to make them work for this example.

I will split this into multiple sessions, to document the process. Will include the nulled resource once we are through ;)

1. PREPARATION​

When tweaking a plugin / script, you should first uncompress it into a folder and than duplicate the folder. The main package in our case is js_composer.zip,
So unzip to js_composer and create a duplicate js_composer_nulled. This will make sure, that you can always easily compare / track changes of the untouched package.

2. TOOLS​

When doing work like this, tools are important.

2.1 DIFF TOOLS​

To compare two folders and their respective files, you should get a diff tool.
A diff tool allows you to compare two sets of files or folders with each other. Changes / differences will easily be highlighted.

There are free and open source tools available. I use a tool called
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, which is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. The tool is not free, but there are many many free alternatives. Just do a search for "best diff tools" :)

2.2 DEBUG TOOLS​

For code step debugging, I use
to follow the execution path of the underlining code, once its setup and running. Not always required, but can help to use execution breakpoints during testing.

You can always just use trial and error :) and use something like
or
for debugging.

This whole process requires more than basic knowledge of PHP. Some things are easily fixed, some require back tracing how the whole plugin works.

Each developer has his own style and way to deal with licensing and other integrated functionality.

3. GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE CODE​

The next step is to inspect the code itself.
Start with the main plugin or index file to get a good understanding of the underlining structure and hierarchy. Make some mental or physical notes ;)

4. SETUP THE PLUGIN​

Copy and setup the plugin "js_composer_nulled" in a local testbed and check for critical areas , that are restricted. This is where the journey starts .....

A local setup of Wordpress can easily be setup using
( Varying Vagrant Vagrants ) or any other local / remote server of your choice.

5. STEP 1 - LICENSE CHECKS / NOTIFICATIONS​

Coming soon .... WORK IN PROGRESS

Last edited:

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mavet73057
Back
Top Bottom